Articles & COVID Updates
Articles & COVID Updates
ADDED - Links to COVID-19 sites and resources. Here you will find articles that we highlight for our members. Also here is our e-newsletter, Chamber Matters. You can have Chamber Matters emailed to you. Just subscribe with the link below.
COVID-19 TOOLS, RESOURCES & UPDATES
Pandemic Recovery Survey Results - Click here
Click the picture for the Phase 3 Toolkit from the MB Chamber of Commerce
The following helpful resources are available from industry partners to support you in re-opening or dialing up your business:
1) Homewood Health's Workplace Re-entry Toolkit:This toolkit is a consolidation of content focused on the considerations facing employers and employees in life after COVID-19.
2) Canadian Business Resilience Network Re-opening Toolkit: This toolkit is designed to provide guidance, or access to guidance, for business owners and senior managers responsible for re-establishing their operations while ensuring the health and safety of operators, staff, customer, and the general public.3) Province of Manitoba's Workplace Guidance for Business Owners
We are currently in Phase 3
The province continues to encourage businesses to take steps to help staff, customers and visitors stay safe including:
ensuring people are able to reasonably maintain two metres of distance;
- only conducting necessary and brief exchanges within two metres of others;
- applying enhanced cleaning protocols, especially in common areas like washrooms;
- maintaining physical distancing and food-handling protocols in workplace areas including lunch and common areas;
- ensuring staff stay home when feeling sick; and
- following personal risk reduction measures.
Detailed information on the plan for Phase Three, including service restoration, measures the public can take to reduce their risk of COVID-19 exposure or spreading the virus, and workplace guidance for businesses, can be found at www.manitoba.ca/restoringsafeservices
The Canada-Manitoba Job Grant is an employer-driven training support program that assists employers to obtain skilled labour to meet their needs and helps Manitobans gain the skills they need to fill available jobs. The intake is NOW OPEN for training that ends by March 1, 2021, and deadline for applications is July 3, 2020. To access the application guide and to apply: https://www.gov.mb.ca/wd/ites/is/cjg.html
The Manitoba Gap Protection Program (MGPP) application process is open. The province will advance each eligible business the non-interest bearing forgivable MGPP loan of $6,000 -- a loan that will be forgiven on Dec. 31, 2020 -- if the recipient attests at that time the business has not received any major non-repayable COVID-19 federal supports developed in response to the pandemic. Application deadline is July 31, 2020.
TheSummer Student Recovery Jobs Program provides wage subsidies to employers (private and not-for-profit sectors) to employ students aged 15 to 29. For program details and to submit your application online (it takes just five minutes to complete and a response is provided within just a few business days),click here.
Community Futures Tips for Reopening
A wonderful resource built by Community Futures for all businesses affected by the pandemic. A checklist of items that your business should consider when looking to reopen.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF
Canadian Chamber of Commerce has developed a Canadian Business Resilience Network where you’ll find the latest information, tools and resources businesses need to make it through the COVID-19 pandemic.
---- Local Resources ----
Does your business need graphics or posters?
Facebook Group - Parkland Area Business Updates
EVERYONE is welcome to join and get updated information on what local businesses are doing.
ALL BUSINESSES in the Parkland or those that do business in the Parkland area are free to post. This group is a sharing space for deals, delivery services, business times, closures, restrictions and so on...
This group we have started so the businesses in the Parkland can share what they have going on so the residents of the region know what's going on with the businesses.
CLICK HERE to see what's going on and join the group
Basic Essential Businesses in Southern Parkland - We've released a document that we want everyone in the Parkland to use. This is a list of business hours, contact info and special details for local pharmacies, grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants in the Parkland. PLEASE DON'T PRNIT IT if you can. The best way to use it is to bookmark the link so you always get the most current version. Save this URL so if you need a business's current information, you'll have it https://bit.ly/BasicEssentialsList_Parkland The best option is to call and find out directly from the business.
We are thankful that we have made some partnerships on this project. Thanks for helping out Swan Valley Chamber, Roblin Chamber and Russell Chamber for contributing and updating this list!
Other resources for your Business:
- Manitoba Health: Preparedness Guidelines for Manitoba Business
- Business Continuity Guide from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Business Continuity & Recovery Plan from The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Crisis Communication Plan from The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- World Health Organization: Pandemic Preparedness
Legal Information Specific to Manitoba Labour Law for Manitoba Employers:
Canadian Chamber of Commerce - Built the Canadian Business Resilience Network
Manitoba Chamber of Commerce - https://mbchamber.mb.ca
Manitoba Government - https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/
Manitoba Health - https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/
Chamber Matters - Weekly e-newsletter - Keep up to date with what the Chamber and membership have going on. Members can submit content for the newsletter if they wish by simply contacting the Chamber office.