What does a membership come with...
What does a membership come with...
We are always striving to improve our service to members, and offer a FREE year of membership to new businesses or businesses that have never been a member previously. This is a great way to access all the Chamber member benefits including our highly comp
NETWORKING AND NEW BUSINESS CONTACTS AS WELL AS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TO HELP YOUR BUSINESS GROW
- Breakfast Education Series, running monthly from January to May
- Community Luncheon Series, running monthly from January to June
- Workshops/Training Programs
ADVERTISING TO HELP YOU PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS ON ANY BUDGET
Business name and information listing on 2 website business directories:
Chamber Member Showcase - Full-colour ad space in the Dauphin Herald and Parkland Shopper. CLICK HERE
Banner ads on our website
Other programs pop up throughout the year that will get your business in front of others.
DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS TO HELP YOU SAVE MONEY
Affinity Discount Programs help to reduce our members costs of doing business. Some of the programs currently offered by the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce include:
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan (10 reasons to join)
- Purolator - Save 25-45% off your shipping costs
- First Data Merchant Servies
For more on these programs and others, visit the MB Chamber website for a full list and program descriptions.
Additional Programs only offered by the Dauphin & District Chamber of Commerce:
- Chamber Member Showcase in Herald and Parkland Shopper CLICK HERE
- Sandman Hotels & Suites - Room rates starting at $115/ night plus applicable taxes. CLICK HERE
- Silver Frame Productions - 10% off digitizing services including home video transfers, photo scanning & 35mm slide scanning. CLICK HERE
Chamber Bucks - Only our members can accept the over $60,000 of Chamber Bucks in circulation each year. Chamber Bucks can be used to pay for merchandise or services at participating local Chamber Member businesses. Chamber Bucks come in $10, $25 and $50 denominations.
For more information on these benefits, contact the Chamber office or CLICK HERE
PROMOTE THE COMMUNITY AND LOCAL BUSINESSES
Up-to-date information regarding community events and organizations:
Trade Fairs / Expos / Conferences
Breakfast Education Series and Community Luncheon Series
Annual Street Fair & Dance
Shop It Forward
REFERRALS AND SALES OPPORTUNITIES TO OUR MEMBERS
- We purchase supplies from Chamber members first
- Business referrals - when we receive requests for referral, we provide information about Dauphin & District Chamber Members only!
LOBBYING ON BEHALF OF THE MEMBERSHIP
The Chamber’s primary role is advocacy. It represents its membership on issues affecting business and the community. Have a say when it comes to issues that govern your business's ability to grow and prosper.
We work closely with the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce. Their lobbying mandate is set by its resolutions, which are sponsored and then voted on by local chambers at the Annual General Meeting. These resolutions are primarily made up of submissions from local chambers across the province.
The MCC’s resolutions are as varied as the challenges facing Manitoba. Typically, resolutions touch upon issues relating to Transportation, Infrastructure, Tax Reform, Education, Agriculture, Industry, Aboriginal and Northern Affairs, Labor, Trade, Immigration and the vitality of our communities.
Our Chamber is also closely working with a network of other Chamber from across the southwestern corner of Manitoba. This regional cooperation of Chambers will help develop policy for the MB Chamber and aid the membership in our area with a stronger unified voice.